Saturday, May 18, 2013

When I started this quilt I knew it would take me a long time. Sometimes I worked on it quite a bit, but sometimes it would sit in the closet for a year. I joked that I would finish it for my first grand-baby. Since my children were little then, there was no hurry. It was still procrastinating when it sat in my closet for a year, but it was not that important at the time and my deadline was years away...
At some point over the years during the embroidering process, I realized I was not going to be able cover all the ink lines. There was this little voice in my head that kept saying, "you know they are not going to wash out and it is going to look bad- all that work will be wasted because you will be too embarrassed to give it away."
I probably never would have completed it except my daughter guilted me into finishing. So, here it is getting finished up for my first granddaughter who is nearly four...