Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Thank you to those dropping in by way of the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my quilt. To anyone else who may have stumbled onto my blog, be sure to check out the festival at
amyscreativeside.com to see some beautiful quilts.


I started this quilt in the summer of 2012 when I learned I was going to have a grandson, and finished it in February of 2013, just a week or so after he was born. For me, this is record time for a hand quilted quilt. I nearly gave up when I had trouble with the half-square triangle sails and squaring up the blocks, but the owner of my local quilt shop gave me a few tips and a little confidence. My daughter also called me from time to time(seemed like every day), asking me how her baby's quilt was coming along. So, with a little confidence and a little pressure, I finished it pretty close to my grandson's birth.




I picked the mottled blue fabric for the sky first and then decided to stay with mottled colors throughout.




I purchased the template for the border, but the other quilting designs I drew on my own. I made waves in the water, clouds in the sky and quilted a wood grain look in the boats.

Thanks again for stopping by,
Dorinda

Measurements: 35" x 48"
Quilting: Hand quilted by me
Category: Baby quilt

1 comment: