Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First Thoughts on the Diamond Patch Quilt

Within the next few hours, I am expecting the phone call announcing the gender of my soon to be grand baby. Is it okay to hope it will be a girl because I have a good start on a purple baby quilt? I do have the blue Diamond Patch quilt cut out. However, as I mentioned in my last post, I am concerned about my color choice. Is it going to be too plain? I have decided not to add another color. Will I be questioning myself throughout the whole quilting process - the process which is supposed to be peaceful and give me warm thoughts of a new life? This is the sort of problem which can make me put off the project until the last minute then quilt until my fingers bleed. Also, this problem can cause the quilt not to be finished until the baby's third birthday or worse, send yet another project to the back of the closet. ARRRGH!

I think too much. It is a cute pattern and pretty fabric. I will finish it, and it will be beautiful.


Here is a close up picture of the fabrics I chose for the Diamond Patch quilt - that I will finish.




The pattern is from Pleasant Valley Creations. I layed out part of the quilt (that I will finish) just to get an idea of how it will look. This is not a great picture, but you get the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment