Saturday, February 8, 2014

True to my blog title, I have written at least four posts that I have not got around to publishing. I wanted to show pictures of the cathedral window squares I was making, but they didn't turn out well. I cut out a blue and white diamond patch baby quilt that I really liked. I didn't show pictures, because two different friends said it was a little dull and I should try to add yellow. As I don't want to add yellow and am afraid it might be dull, it is going to be very hard not to put that quilt in a box somewhere. On a possitive note, the purple dnp is coming along nicely. I was gone for a month, but I am back on it. I am going to have a new grand baby in July and should be finding out the gender next week. If it is a girl, I will finish up the purple dnp. If it a boy, I will have to really think about the blue diamond patch or come up with something else quickly.

Well, I don't have a picture of anything I am working on, so here is a dumb story.


I went to the fabric store yesterday, and as usual, I went directly to the remnants section. I probably shouldn't buy anymore, but I just never know what I might find there. My local store has great treasures compared to the chain stores. I often find remnants of white fabric that I will use for cathedral window squares and I have a pinwheel quilt in my future that will need some pinks. After I finished shopping, the woman behind the counter asked me what I do with all my remnants. Did I mention the catheral windows or pinwheels? No. I was digging through my purse hoping to find change at the bottom and answered without even thinking, I replied, "I like to look at them." Freudian slip?



No comments:

Post a Comment