Sunday, December 22, 2013

Low Stress Christmas and Expensive Needles

I admire people who make handmade Christmas gifts. However, for me, the stress involved makes me unable to enjoy what should be a wonderful holiday. Many times I have underestimated the time involved, or overestimated my skills. More than once I have stayed up into the wee hours of the night finishing gifts. So, as the holiday season is upon us, I am going to do my best to avoid creating unnecessary stress. My children are older, so the days of searching for Cabbage Patch dolls and Furbies are behind me. We exchange a few inexpensive gifts and enjoy the time we can spend together as a family. That said, I am still working on the disappearing nine patch and am playing around with some cathedral windows. I am still practicing the cathedral windows, but will post pics when I have something worth looking at. 
 
..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...
I bought some rather expensive  needles recently, always hoping that "better" tools will help me to be a better quilter. I thought it was unusual when I broke the first needle, but I was really frustrated when I bent the second one. However, I read the package and had to smile. I hope Santa leaves quilting needles in my stocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment